Senyo Hosi, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bulk Oil Distribution Companies (BDCs) has threatened to sue the Assin Central member of parliament Kennedy Agyapong.
This follows claims by the Assin Central MP that Senyo Hossi attempted bribing the Managing Director of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation Company Limited (BOST), with $1million so that a consignment of off-spec fuel sold to Movenpiina Company Limited by BOST would have been abrogated and rather sold to him (Mr Hosi).
But Senyo Hosi has said the claims by Kennedy Agyapong are untrue.
“This is just not true. I will look for his number and speak to him, he is an MP and so I will need to accord him the respect and so I will call him and speak to him. But I will take a proper legal action against him to restore my image because it is libellous,” Mr Hosi told Kwadwo Asare-Baffour Acheampong on Thursday, June 29, 2017.
The Energy Ministry on Wednesday set up an eight-member committee to investigate the controversial sale of 5 million litres of contaminated fuel by the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST).
In a statement signed by the Energy Minister Boakye Agyarko, the committee is expected to among other things “determine the circumstances that created the off-spec product.”
The committee will also ascertain if the product can be corrected, and if not determine the alternative use for the product and further review the transaction.
The statement also added that “BOST has so far evacuated a total of 471,000 litres of the said product and has currently suspended evacuation in compliance with NPA instructions.”
The Ministry has also received the report from the preliminary investigations conducted by the National Petroleum Authority (NPA).
According to the NPA the two companies, Zup Oil and Movenpinaa Energy, were unlicensed. This means they did not have the right to undertake any commercial activity in the downstream petroleum industry, per section 11 of the National Petroleum Authority Act, ACT 691, 2005.
The NPA has indicated that it will take legal action against the two firms.
Ghana lost about GHc 7 million in revenue following attempts by BOST to sell the contaminated fuel.
Meanwhile African Center for Energy Policy (ACEP), has asked that the BOST MD steps aside for a full probe into the matter.