The Asanteman Council has directed the Regional Security Council (REGSEC) to present findings of the skirmishes that broke out at Tafo in Kumasi last week.
One person was killed during the clashes, with several others injured and many properties destroyed.
Speaking at the Council, the Chief Linguist of Otumfuo Osei Tutu II, Nana Nsuase Poku, said the committee investigating the incident should regularly brief them on its findings.
He said: “We have already declared our intentions to the Mamponghene and the Asante Steering Committee that we are anxiously waiting for the outcome of the committee’s investigation, so we will know our next line of action.
“We are not going to sit down and fold our arms if the investigation is going to take forever and ever. All we are asking for is regular briefing by the committee on its investigations.”
Meanwhile the regional minister and chairman of the REGSEC, Peter Anarfi Mensah, has debunked rumours that the 40 Muslim youth, who were apprehended have been freed.
He revealed that the REGSEC has in its possession a video footage that incriminates the perpetrators.
“We have visual recordings of what happened in Tafo where some people are seen wielding knives and machetes and entering the bank, but I cannot go into details for security reasons,” he explained.
“We have also assessed the extent of damage and we will be looking at ways to compensate affected persons in due course. I remember leading a delegation to the Tafo chief’s palace, where we arrived at an amicable solution. I can assure you that by Tuesday we will bring you up to speed on the committee’s findings.”
Mr Mensah urged members of the public with any information to make it available to the police and said they would resume talks of the cemetery land at a later date.