The Member of Parliament for the Ketu South constituency, Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie, has dismissed allegations suggesting that she, along with two other MPs, received donations from VRA and independently orchestrated relief efforts for their flooded constituencies.
The rebuttal comes in response to a news article published by Opera News, claiming that the Volta River Authority (VRA) had provided relief items to flood victims in three Volta region constituencies. The items were purportedly received by Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie, MP for Ketu South, Hon. Kwame Sefe, MP for Anlo, and Hon. Kwame Dzudzorli Gakpey.
Clarifying the situation, they emphasized that the accompanying picture in the story is misleading. Both MPs were present to witness the arrival of the goods but did not receive the donation for their respective constituencies.
“We only signed for medications, which the Directors of Municipal and District Health Officials received on behalf of their hospitals,” clarified Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie.
Below is the full statement
VRA EXTENDS A HELPING HAND TO KETU SOUTH WITH RELIEF ITEMS
The above subiect matter refers.
1. We have come across a news item published in Opera News on the above subject matter which purported that the Volta River Authority (VRA) has donated some relief items to flood victims in three constituencies in the Volta Region and received by us, namely; Hon. Abla Dzifa Gomashie, MP for Ketu South; Hon. Kwame Sefe, MP for Anlo and Hon. Kwame Dzudzorli Gakpey.
2. The picture accompanying the story is misleading as the two Members of Parliament were there to witness the arrival of the goods but have not received the said donation for their constituencies. We only signed for medications which the Directors of Municipal and District Health Officials received on behalf of their hospitals.
3. We wish to state emphatically, that, this publication and its claims are false, and must be treated with the contempt it deserves.
4. Since numerous communities in our respective constituencies got flooded as a result of the spillage of the Volta Dams in Akosombo and Kong by the VRA, we have personally been out there mobilizing through the help of individuals and organizations to obtain relief items for our people. At no point in all these efforts, have we had the VRA donate any items to us as Members of Parliament for onward distribution to the flood victims in our respective constituencies.
5. We wish to inform the general public to disregard the publication as it is false, and calculated to cause mischief.
Abla Drita Comnashio UM
MP- Ketu South
Drudzorl Gakpe /Satipey