The Governing Board of the National Film Authority chaired by David Dontoh will on Thursday 14th May 2020 inaugurate the Film Classification Committee into office.
The twelve-member  Film Classification Committee is set by the Governing Board of the National Film Authority to regulates the Exhibition of films in the country.
Socrate Safo has been appointed by the Minister of Tourism, Arts & Culture, Hon. Barbara Oteng Gyasi, in accordance with the Development & Classification of Film Act 2016, to serve as Chairman of the Film Classification Committee of the National Film Authority.
Mr. Safo’s role, among others, is to spearhead the Committee in ensuring an effective classification of films and audio-visual content that comes into the Ghanaian market and in our media landscape.
The inaugural ceremony of the committee would be held at the Accra Tourism Information Center, Accra at 10 am.
The members of the committee include a representative of the various organizations:
1. The minister or representative – Chair
2. Information Service Department
3. National Commission on Culture
4. National Film and Television Institute
5. Film Producers Association
6. Ghana Police Service, not below the rank of Assistant Superintendent of Police
7. Copyright office
8. Christian Council
9. Federation of Muslim Council
10. Traditional Religious Authority
11. Ministry of Gender and Children and social protection
12. National House of Chiefs