Court adjourns J.B Murder’s case

Late J.B Danquah Adu
An Accra District Court hearing J.B Danquah Adu’s Murder case has adjourned to July 4, for continuation.

The case was adjourned on the instance of the defence counsel, who was out of the jurisdiction.

Meanwhile, the prosecution has told the court, Mr. Stephen Owusu, the police were almost done with follow-ups to update their duplicate docket before the A-G.

At the last sitting, a legal practitioner told the court that the facts in the Murder trial did not connect Vincent Bosso, the second suspect.

According to Mr. Augustine Obuor, the fact of the prosecution was also incompetent as such he did not see the role Bosso aka Junior Agogo played in the murder.

Counsel said this when Bosso was arraigned on the charge of Abetment of crime to wit murder.

Bosso was in the company of Daniel Asiedu aka Sexy Dondon, who is also being held for murder of the Late MP for Abuakwa North on February 9, this year at his Shaishie residence at about 1:00am.

The accused person’s plea have not been taken as prosecution withdrew their early charges and substituted them with new ones before the court.

Responding Chief Superintendent of Police Francis Baah said he made an attempt to sign the charge sheet but defence counsel refused.

Chief Superintendent Baah said the facts linked Bosso to the offence because the accused and Asiedu on the day of the incident armed themselves with a catapult, a cutter, and a sharp knife and went to the deceased house.

According to the prosecutor, Bosso assisted Asiedu to enter into the house through an iron fence wall at the blind side of the security man who was fast asleep.

He contended that Bosso kept watch at the gate, adding investigations were inconclusive and it was too early to disclose other information.

The court presided over by Mr. Stephen Owusu ruled that fact sheets gives out the connection of Bosso to the charge of murder.

According to the court, facts were borne out of the use of the word assistance and that required prove.

The facts as presented by Chief Superintendent Baah were that the deceased J.B Danquah-Adu lived with his family in one storey building apartment at Shiashie, East Legon.

The accused persons Asiedu and Bosso lived at Agbgboloshie.

On February 8, at about 11:40 pm, the deceased came home in his private vehicle driven by his driver Samuel Berko Sarkodie.

The prosecution said the driver having brought his master home handed over the ignition keys to him and left for his residence at Kasoa.

The deceased then retired to the bedroom located upstairs. At about 1:00am, Asiedu and Bosso armed went to the house of the deceased, prosecution said.

According to the prosecution, Asiedu after entering the house picked up a ladder and climbed to the porch of the top floor and entered the bedroom of the deceased through the window while the deceased was sleeping.

“Asiedu began to search the room and the deceased woke up and held him. Asiedu resisted and stabbed the deceased on the right chest above the breast. The deceased held the knife and Asiedu pulled the knife through the deceased hands creating a deep cut in his palm, “prosecution said.

The prosecution said the deceased who was bleeding profusely fell by his bed helpless and Asiedu stabbed him several times on the right chest and neck.

Realizing that the deceased was almost dead left him and took away his three iPhones.

The prosecutor said the struggle that ensued between the deceased drew the attention of the security man who alerted other security men within the vicinity

Chief Superintendent Baah said Bosso realizing danger took to his heels leaving Asiedu behind. Asiedu, however, managed to descend from deceased room to the back house, climbed one of the poly tanks in the house and jumped over the electric fence into the adjoining house and escaped.

He said the Security man then called the Police emergency line and informed them. When the Police arrived the victim was dead and his body was conveyed the Police Hospital Mortuary.

On February 15, an autopsy was performed on the deceased body by a Pathologist from the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital who gave the cause of death as exsanguination and multiple stab injuries on anterior and chest.”

The prosecution said Police investigations led to the arrest of accused persons who stated that their aim of going to the deceased house was to steal.

The prosecutor said Asiedu explained that deceased struggled with him when he entered the room and that compelled him to use the knife on him.

Chief Superintendent Baah said investigations are on-going.

What do you think?

CPP Disassociate Themselves From Greenstreet’s Ford Gift Comment

2016 Election: Ford gift saga won’t affect Mahama – Lecturer