The serial hatred of Daniel Ohene Agyekum against President Akufo-Addo and the people of Akyem Abuakwa can be best described as purely witchcraft.
The words of a diplomat are supposed to unite people and certainly not to create disunity. Unfortunately, Daniel Ohene Agyekum is behaving opposite of his diplomatic status having served as Ghana’s Ambassador to the USA and Canada. When an elderly person speaks, it must contain wisdom but is it the true account of the public conduct of an elderly Daniel Ohene Agyekum? Certainly not.
Daniel Ohene Agyekum has issued a stern caution to Ghanaians about what he calls an agenda led by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and some tribesmen of Kyebi to stage a well-calculated agenda for perpetual capture of the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources. Ohene Agyekum pointed to an allegedly restricted document titled Agyapadie authored by Ofori-Atta.
According to Ohene Agyekum, “if Ghanaians do not wake up, we are going to rise up in the morning with a dynasty in Akyem Abuakwa exercising full control over resources that are supposed to be used for the development of the people.”
First and foremost, the document titled Agyapadie is a pure propaganda document written by some lawyers/experts of the NDC with the sole purpose of inciting Ghanaians, particularly Asantes against President Akufo-Addo and Akyems ahead of the 2020 general elections.
That document was in wide circulation as a campaign mischief weapon prior to the 2020 general elections. Therefore such a document cannot be termed restricted. The fundamental question many discerning Ghanaians are asking can President Akufo-Addo and Akyems be so ‘foolishly’ to put such a restricted document in the public domain? Clearly, this is another NDC’s agenda to create disaffection for the people of Akyem Abuakwa.
I have a copy of the said document and it is clearly a propaganda piece from the camp of the NDC and has absolutely nothing to do with Okyehene, President Akufo-Addo and the people of Akyem Abuakwa. Agyapadie document is an NDC agenda to create hatred for the people of Akyem Abuakwa.
Ambassador Daniel Ohene Agyekum from his days as the Ashanti Regional Chairman of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has always being a specialist in the practice of communicating lies and propaganda aimed at inciting Asantes and other tribes against Akufo-Addo and Akyems ever since Akufo-Addo was elected as the Presidential Candidate of the NPP in 2007.
There is no iota of truth in the assertions made by Daniel Ohene Agyekum in respective to the NDC fabricated document titled Agyapadie.
As equally 100% Ashanti just like Daniel Ohene Agyekum, I would like to ask him the following questions that demand answers:
1. When John Mahama’s government gave 75% of Ghana’s Bauxite Reserves (Nyinahin Bauxite Concession valued at billions of dollars) to his brother Ibrahim Mahama’s Exton Cubic, was it an attempt by John Mahama, his family and tribesmen to perpetually capture the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources? or it was a well-calculated agenda by John Mahama, his family and tribesmen to undermine and make public ridicule of the Ashanti Kingdom?
2. When the Ahwoi Brothers were fully in charge and control of resources, contracts and appointments under almost 20 years of Rawlings administration and 8 years of Mills/Mahama’s administration, was it a well-calculated agenda by the Ahwoi’s Brothers and the Fante Confederacy to perpetually capture the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources?
3. J. J. Rawlings with impeccable assistance from his wife Konadu Agyeman Rawlings ruled Ghana for almost 20 years with the full control, power and authority over the resources of Ghana, was J. J. Rawlings planning with the wife and people of Volta and Ashanti Regions to perpetually takeover Ghana and its key resources?
4. During the PNDC/NDC era of almost 20 years, all the Security Agencies and Public Institutions were having about 90% of employed staff made up of tribes from Volta, Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions with the remaining 10% distributed among other tribes across the Country. Would it be prudently to state that it was a grand and well-calculated agenda by J. J. Rawlings and his tribesmen to perpetually capture the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources for the collective good of only the people of Volta and the 3 Northern Regions?
5. When former President Kufuor appointed his biological brother Dr. Kwame Addo Kufuor and his in-law J. H. Mensah to be part of his government, was it an agenda for John Kufuor, his family, Asantes and Bono to capture the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources?
6. When Kwame Nkrumah declared Ghana as a One Party State, increased his constitutional powers and made himself the President for life of both Ghana and CPP in 1964, was Kwame Nkrumah planning with CPP, his family and tribesmen from the Western Region to perpetually capture the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources?
The authoritarian regime of Kwame Nkrumah was entrenched by a Constitutional referendum held on 31st January 1964 and on February 1, 1964, Ghana became One Party State, Kwame ruled without any opposition.
7. When Kwame Nkrumah divided the Ashanti Kingdom and deliberately formed Brong-Ahafo Region out of Ashanti without any request from the people of the Ashanti Kingdom or even a Constitutional referendum, was it an attempt by Kwame Nkrumah and his tribesmen to undermine and sabotage the influence of the Ashanti Kingdom?
Kwame Nkrumah introduced the Emergency Powers Act in January 1958 immediately after independence to separate the Bono and Ahafo areas and joined them together as Brong-Ahafo Region with its own House of Chiefs. But unfortunately for Dr. Kwame Nkrumah’s ignorance about traditional allegiance and customs of the Ashanti Kingdom, he failed woefully to undermine the authority and traditional powers of Asantehene on the Ahafo and vast areas of Bono.
8. Currently NDC has Northerner as a Speaker of Parliament, Minority leadership of Northerners /Ewe, Party leadership of Bono as GS and NCO respectively coupled with Northerner Presidential Candidate and Fante Vice Presidential Candidate.
The leadership of NDC both in Parliament and at the Party’s level has no Ashanti or Akyem there. Is it a deliberate attempt by the Northerners, Ewes, Bono and Fantes in NDC to perpetually capture the NDC party, the seat of Ghana’s governance and its key resources if in an unlikely event NDC win the 2024 general elections?
Ghana is bigger than any tribe or individual and certainly, no person or group of persons can capture Ghana and its key resources for personal benefits and advancement of political agenda. It is not possible and will never be a sustainable agenda to pursue.
Let’s continue to live in peace for national socio-economic development.
NDC members and Ohene Agyekum told us that if we elect Nana Akufo-Addo as President of the Republic of Ghana he will:
1. move the Capital City of Ghana from Accra to Kyebi. Has it been done yet? Certainly not. Accra is still the Capital City of Ghana under Akufo-Addo’s Presidency.
2. move the Capital Town of Eastern Region from Koforidua to Kyebi. Has it been done yet? Certainly not. Koforidua is still the Capital Town of Eastern Region under Akufo-Addo’s Presidency.
3. deliberately elevate Okyehene above Asantehene. Has it been done yet? Certainly not. Akufo-Addo’s Presidency has rather cement the longstanding unity and peace between Ashanti Kingdom and Okyeman where both traditional leaders have visited each other in a historic moments.
The divisive politics and ethnocentric utterances by Daniel Ohene Agyekum against President Akufo-Addo and Okyehene should be condemned by all Ghanaians. Such reckless statements don’t help Ghana in our quest to live in peace, unity and harmony.
Respectfully, Mr. Daniel Ohene Agyekum should bear in mind that, the brain of an elderly person must NOT always fall for the wrong ideas and information. Agyapadie document is a scam from some of his own NDC Members to cause disaffection for President Akufo-Addo and the people of Akyem Abuakwa.
There is NO single policy that has been implemented by Akufo-Addo’s Government exclusively for the people of Akyem Abuakwa, starting from Free SHS, Free TVET, 1D1F, 1 Constituency 1 Ambulance, Planting for food and jobs, Digitalization, Infrastructure etc.
Let’s move away from the politics of lies, fabrications, distortions, propaganda and focus on the politics of nationalistic ideas, policies and programmes.