Politics, News and More!|Friday, October 28, 2016
You are here: Home » Politics » Unserious” Bawumia lacks credibility – Kofi Adams

Unserious” Bawumia lacks credibility – Kofi Adams 


The national campaign coordinator of the NDC Kofi Adams has lashed out at the NPP vice presidential candidate Dr Mahamudu Bawumia, describing him as a “liar” who lacks “credibility”.

Speaking on Accra-based Okay FM Monday, Mr. Adams said until Dr. Bawumia comes out to tell Ghanaians where the remaining thousands of foreigners he claims have been sneaked into the voters’ register are, nobody should take him seriously again.

“Dr Bawumia could have thrown this county into total chaos,” Mr. Adams, who doubles as the national organiser of the ruling party said. “Out of nowhere Bawumia with the backing of the NPP came to tell Ghanaians that there are millions of foreigners on the voters’ register. In fact he said those people were Togolese.”

He added: “He goes to use some strange technology called Facial recognition something to trace the so called foreigners on the register and then said the results only constituted only 10 percent of the list they uncovered. It was this allegation that led to all these court actions where people who by no fault of theirs have had to register with NHIS have been made to delete their names. After bringing the fake 10 percent of the list you presented to the EC, you have failed to bring the rest of the 90 percent you promised. So how can any credible institution take you seriously? So he’s a liar and he’s finished unless he musters the courage to present his so called list of aliens on the voters’ register.”

Adams’ comments come in the wake of moves by his party’s deputy General Secretary, Koku Anyidoho, who has stated emphatically that he will be dragging the former deputy governor of the Central Bank to court for deceit of public officer.

The deputy NDC chief scribe has vowed to sue Dr Bawumia over the “fake” Togolese register of voters he used as evidence, to support his argument that there were some foreigners on Ghana’s electoral roll.

According to Mr Anyidoho, Dr Bawumia’s action constitutes a criminal offence under Section 251 of Act 29 of the Criminal Offences Act 1960, hence he intends filing a suit against the economist.

“I am taking Bawumia to court. I am in deep consultation with my lawyers, they have advised me that under the Criminal Offenses Act 1960, for deceiving a public officer, I should petition the Attorney General for the case to be re-opened for Bawumia to come and prove to the nation that the Togolese register he presented is not a fake document,” Anyidoho said.

By-Edward Mills/Freelancer


Related posts:

Add a Comment