LEADERS of the Kotoko mma group in the Ashanti Region, have warned Gabby Otchere-Darko, Nana Bediatuo and assassins hired by the anti-Otumfour elements in the current administration to put an end to their unguarded attacks and incessant insults on the person of the Asantehene.
Speaking through Odehye Dr. Kwasi Prempeh, the leaders, argued that the personal attacks on King Osei-Tutu at the slightest opportunity, especially by persons close to the sitting President, were barbaric, and would never sell the country. The group has urged those who have made it a habit to hurl insults at the Asantehene and level all sorts of unsubstantiated allegations against him to desist from such acts.
The spokesperson for the group Odehye Dr. Kwasi Prempeh, made the call when he spoke to a group of journalists and in a statement made available to newsmen in the Ashanti Region.
“This is very sad and unwarranted and is capable of causing disaffection among the people of Ashanti and Kyebi”, the statement noted and added that the Asantehene does not deserve the name calling and insults being hurled at him.
“The Asantehene is a listening King, who is ever ready to address any problem anybody, political party, President or political leader brings to his attention. It is not insulting or calling of names that would bring us the development we all working hard to achieve” the statement said.
The group cited these incidents to support their call-
1) The Akyem Mafia were behind the fake Free Press publication after the Supreme Court Petition accusing Otumfuor of bribing the judges on President Mahama’s behalf.
2) Bediatuo had an open quarrel with Madam Georgia of Georgia Hotel, at her restaurant at Roman Ridge because he was insulting Otumfuor in public. Bediatuo later said he was just recounting history that Otumfuor’s predecessors head was cut by the Akyems and the skull is still in the Kyebi palace.
3) Ken Ofori Atta’s partner Templeton was prompted to ask Otumfuor a rude question at an investment forum in London in 2013. Otumfuor protested to Nana Addo on this matter.
4) Recently in SA, when Ken Ofori Atta was invited to call on Otumfuor who was there for medical review, he rudely said he was not in SA to be “greeting chiefs.”
5) Nana Addo was in Kumasi last weekend for a major national event – May day. He did not have the courtesy to call on the Otumfuor or even send to greet him.
6) Two incidents, one in UK and one in SA are also cited among Otumfuor’s beefs. The 1st is that, recent allegations of money laundering in UK were spread by the “Akyem mafia”. 2nd is that, news about Otumfuor buying a palatial residence in SA spread into the media only after Nana Addo visited him accompanied by Bediatuo and some others of the Akyem Mafia. Noting that former Presidents Kufuor and Mahama had visited him at the same residence without anyone the wiser.