The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Bulk Oil Distribution Companies (BDCs), Senyo Hosi, has recused himself from a committee formed by the Energy Minister to probe the contaminated fuel saga.
Mr Hosi has come under pressure not to sit on the committee because of his public utterances on the ranging issue which has now taken a political twist.
Speaking on TV3’s “New Day” Saturday, he said: “I will not be part of the committee.”
He added: “I think all activities at BOST, right from Awuah Darko’s time, till now must be looked at.
“I will not sit on that committee and I think that I have made that known to the minister. The constitution in there is not about me, it is about a representative from the Chamber. So the board will take a decision of who should be there.
“I have commented on the matter, so there will certainly be some sense of prejudice. So I don’t think I am qualified to be part of the committee.”
The eight-member committee set up the minister is to investigate the controversial sale of 5 million litres of contaminated fuel by the Bulk Oil Storage and Transportation (BOST).
The Energy Minister, Boakye Agyarko, said the committee is expected to among other things “determine the circumstances that created the off-spec product.”
The committee will also ascertain if the product can be corrected, if not determine the alternative use for the product and further review the transaction.
The stament also added that “BOST has so far evacuated a total of 471,000 litres of the said product and has currently suspended evacuation in compliance with NPA instructions