President Mahama Addresses UN General Assembly Tomorrow
President John Dramani Mahama is scheduled to address the United Nations General Assembly in New York tomorrow.
• He arrived in New York, on Sunday for the 71st United Nations General Assembly.
• Accompanied by the First Lady, Mrs. Lordina Mahama, he was met on arrival at the JFK Airport by Ghana’s Ambassador to the United States, Lt-Gen. Joseph Henry Smith, Ghana’s Permanent Representative to the United Nations, Ambassador Martha Ama Akyaa Pobee, and other officials.
• Aside from the General Assembly, the President will also attend meetings of the UN Advocacy Group on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), for which he is co-chairman.
• Listed on his itinerary include co-hosting side events geared towards the successful implementation of the SDGs, the Food and Agriculture Organisation and World Food Programme event on “Pathways to Zero Hunger”, which will showcase concrete transformations in food security, nutrition and sustainable agriculture in support of the delivery of the 2030 Agenda.
• President Mahama’s activities will further include attendance of the US-AFRICA Business Forum under the auspices of the US Department of Commerce and the Bloomberg Philanthropies.