One dead, four treated from food poisoning
A middle aged man died and four of his friends were critically ill after eating poisoned food on Christmas day at Assin Breku in the Central region.
According to reports, the deceased who was rushed to the St. Francis Hospital in Assin Fosu while vomiting, died shortly before he was attended to.
Splash FM’s Alfred Amo, the four others also started vomiting immediately after the death of their brother.
He indicated that the family who hail from Burkina Fosa took a meal of rice the previous night which is suspected to have been poisoned.
But upon interrogation, one of the survivors expressed shock at the turn of events since they prepared the meal themselves.
“We prepared he rice ourselves but only went out to taken in some alcohol so we don’t know whether someone poisoned it or not” he told Alfred.
The brothers however don’t suspect any foul play since they claim they are at peace with residents in the area.
Meanwhile, hospital authorities are waiting for the police to give them clearance to conduct any autopsy on the deceased.
Alfred Amo said the family has agreed to bury their kinsman in Ghana and go back to their home country after police investigations.