We have achieved the following in the health sector:
• Established the National Ambulance Service Training School;
• Trained over 500 Emergency Medical
• Increased the number of Health Training Institutions to 95 in 2015;
• Increased the number of Licensed Midwives from 500 in 2009 to over 2,000 in 2015.
• Expansion of 400-bed Tamale Teaching Hospital to an 800-bed facility; • Construction of 617-bed University of Ghana
• Construction of new modern Emergency Department for the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital;
• Refurbishment of Intensive Care Unit (ICU) for the Department of Surgery at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital;
• Refurbishment of the Operating Theatre at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital;
• Completion of the Eye Care Centre at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi.
• Commencement of construction of 500-bed Military Hospital in KumasI;
• Renovation and expansion of 104-bed Police
Hospital in Accra;
• Construction of 130-bed Maritime Hospital in Tema.
• Upgrading and expansion of Greater Accra Regional Hospital at Ridge in Accra to 620-bed capacity;
• Construction of 250-bed Ashanti Regional
Hospital at Sewua;
• Continuation of the construction of the Upper West Regional Hospital, Wa.
• Design, construction and equipping of six 120-bed District Hospitals with an integrated IT system at Dodowa, Fomena, Abetiﬁ, GaruTempane, Kumawu and Sekondi;
• Upgrading of the Takoradi hospital;
• Expansion of the Bolgatanga hospital into a
• Design, construction and equipping of 60-bed District Hospitals for ﬁve district capitals – Salaga,
Twifo-Praso and Konongo-Odumasi;
• Construction of a 100-bed Madina Hospital in the Greater Accra Region;
• Initiation of processes for the commencement of ﬁve District Hospitals at
Sawla-Tuna-Kalba, Tolon and
The following have been completed and are currently operational:
• Five (5) Polyclinics in the Upper West Region at
• Five (5) Polyclinics in the Northern Region at Kpandai,
• Five (5) Polyclinics in the Western Region at
Wassa Dunkwa, Bogoso,
• Five (5) Polyclinics in the Brong Ahafo Region at Nkrankwanta,
Techimantia and Bomaa.
TO BE CONTINUE….