NDC HAS NO PARLIAMENTARY CANDIDATE IN THE NINGO PRAMPRAM CONSTITUENCY WITH LESS THAN FIVE MONTHS TO ELECTIONS
1. The Traditional NDC Members of the Ningo Prampram Constituency in the Greater Accra Region wish to bring to the notice of the General Public and the National Executive Committee of the NDC that the ruling NDC has no Parliamentary Candidate as of now in the Ningo Prampram Constituency with less than five months to the general elections.
2. This observation and assertion is grounded on the clear understanding and full knowledge of the Traditional NDC Members and even the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the NDC, that the Parliamentary Primaries which was held on the 22nd November, 2015 to elect a candidate was fraught and marred with violence, intimidations, fraud and false accusations spearheaded by Sam George, one of the candidates, for which reason the result of that elections could not be said or taken to represent the Will and aspirations of the majority of the NDC membership in the constituency and the country at large.
3. In the pursuance of justice, fairness and to ensure that the right Candidate and not a turncoat represent the NDC in the Constituency, petitions were written to the National and the Greater Accra Regional Executive Committees of the NDC respectively for redress. The National Executive Committee accordingly referred Hon. E. T. Mensah’s petition to the Party’s Conflict Resolution Committee, chaired by Hon. Huudu Yahaya, also former General Secretary and Vice chairman of the Party.
4. Our understanding was that the reason why the Regional and the National Executive Committees called for hearings of the petitions was to enable them arrive at fair and informed decision. Both petitioners (the Traditional NDC Group and Hon. E. T. Mensah and the defendant (Sam George) were interrogated. Witnesses were invited to testify at the sittings.
5. The result of the hearing by the Regional Executive of the Party was the suspension of Sam George, for which a member of the National Executive Committee later “rubbished” on a radio discussion as untenable.
6. We are reliably informed that the Conflict Resolution Committee has finished its work and submitted the report to the National Executive Committee of the NDC for action.
7. The National Executive Committee’s inability to make pronouncement on the report of the petition up till now is justifying rumours and suspicions that NEC and some party bigwigs in government are scheming to suppress the truth. This is causing disaffection of majority of party members in the constituency resulting in the NPP’s candidate gaining grounds in the area. This development if not checked immediately will impact negatively on NDC’s campaign and whoever becomes the NDC party’s candidate subsequently. Members are poised to go out in their numbers to campaign vigorously for whoever becomes the certified Parliamentary Candidate of the party.
8. Finally we want to reiterate our stand in clear and unambiguous terms that as far as we are concerned i.e. the Traditional NDC Group, until the National Executive Committee of the NDC comes out to pronounce a verdict on the petitions and ordering for a re-run of the elections or certifying a Parliamentary Candidate for the Ningo Prampram Constituency, we will consider whoever parade himself/herself as the NDC’s candidate an imposter and treat him/her with the utmost contempt it deserves.
EDMUND SIAW (020 8722 352)
SPOKESPERSON FOR THE TRADITIONAL NDC GROUP
NINGO PRAMPRAM CONSTITUENCY
Cc: The National Chairman of NDC
NDC National Headquarters, Accra.
The General Secretary of NDC
NDC National Headquarters, Accra.
The Greater Accra Chairman of the NDC
Regional Office , Accra
The Constituency Chairman of the NDC
Ningo Prampram Constituency