There are 33 NDC candidates standing in the Eastern region for the parliamentary race after close of nominations Friday, September 30.
The elections in the country takes place on December 7, with barely 67 days to go.
All 33 successful candidates are supposed to contest alongside the governing NDC’s flagbearer, John Dramani Mahama.
A statement released by the party executives of the region and signed by the Eastern Regional Director of Elections, Kojo Gyeke-Dako Jnr entreated all candidates to work earnestly towards the party’s AGENDA 50-50 declared in the region.
“We congratulate all our candidates once again and urge them to work even harder to retain President Mahama for his second and final term and also to achieve our AGENDA 50-50,” the statement urged.
It further said: “It is our hope that our candidates will sustain the spirit and where possible, step up their game as we inch closer to the final lap of the victory process, the general elections itself.”
Meanwhile, on the final day of close of nominations, the incumbent MP for the Afram Plains South, Joseph Appiah Boateng quit the race compelling the NDC to rather field the party’s regional secretary Mark Oliver-Kevor in replacement of Boateng.
Reports say the MP took the decision after a court granted a motion by one Dickson Adjei Danso that he should be prevented from the race because he is embroiled in a criminal case.
The full list of duly filed Parliamentary Candidates for all the thirty-three (33) Constituencies in the Eastern Region:
1. Afram Plains North- Betty Kroisby Mensah
2. Afram Plains South- Kevor Mark-Oliver
3. Abetifi- Tabi Emmanuel
4. Mpraeso- Koree Boakye Emmanuel
5. Nkawkaw- Tamimu Halidu
6. Abirem- Mavis Ama Frimpong
7. Atiwa West- Joseph Owusu Sarpong
8. Atiwa East- Foster Asante
9. Fanteakwa North- Abass Fuseini Sbaabe
10. Fanteakwa South- Abigail Elorm Mensah
11. Abuakwa North- Emmanuel Victor Smith
12. Abuakwa South- Owuraku Amofah
13. Achiase- Yaw Sam Kwachie
14. Akim Swedru- Robert Kwame Ansah
15. Akim Oda- Kwabena Asare Nkansah
16. Asene-Manso-Akroso- Roland Richard Acquaah
17. Ofoase/Ayirebi- Tom Kenneth Budu
18. Akwatia- Ahmed Baba Jamal
19. Kade- George Agyeman Duah
20. Lower West Akim- Shirley Naana Osei-Ampem
21. Upper West Akim- Derek Ohene Assiful-Bekoe
22. Suhum- Margaret Ansei
23. Ayensuano- Teddy Nana Yaw Addy
24. Nsawam-Adoagyiri- Benedicta Oyo Quartey Asante
25. Akuapim South- Lawrencia Adwoa Dziwornu
26. Akuapim North- Yaw Appiah-Kubi
27. Okere- Michael Ofori Ofei
28. Yilo Krobo- Magnus Kofi Amoatey
29. Upper Manya Krobo- Jeff T. Kevianu
30. Lower Manya Krobo- Ebenezer Okletey Terlabi
31. Asuogyaman- Thomas Ampem Nyarko
32. New Juaben North- Haruna Apaw Wiredu
33. New Juaben South- Ransford Owusu Boakye