OUR COMMITMENT (2017-2021)
Our programme for the 2017-2021 period covers Basic Education (comprising Early Childhood Care and Development, Primary and Junior High Schools); Secondary Education (comprising Senior High Schools, Vocational and Technical Schools) and Tertiary Education (comprising Universities, Polytechnics, Specialized Institutions and Colleges of Education) as dictated by the 1992 Constitution of the Republic of Ghana.
Early Childhood Care and Development
• Strengthen regulation on the establishment of pre-schools to meet the required standards and best practices in early childhood care and development;
• Review and implement the national policy on ‘Early Childhood Care and Development’ and broaden parental participation in the implementation of the policy;
• Strengthen collaboration between the Ministry of Education and the Department of Social Welfare in the provision of pre-school and kindergarten education including the training of teachers;
• Continue to allocate more resources for the rehabilitation and construction of kindergarten facilities throughout the country;
• Establish special schools in designated Colleges of Education to train teachers solely for Early Childhood Care and Development.