Nana Akufo Addo Must Call Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko, Sammy Awuku And John Boadu To Order Now! Baah Acheamfour
Yesterday, some members of the NPP were misled into participating in an illegal demonstration which resulted in an unfortunate violent clash with the police. In as much as we do not endorse police brutality, we wish to bring to the fore, the activities of some “leading” members of the party which has exposed the name of the NPP to disrepute and public ridicule. With regards to the involvement of NPP members in the said illegal demonstration, we pose the following germane questions:
- Was the demonstration organized by AFAG or the NPP? If it was organized by AFAG as we are being told, why were the demonstrators clad in Nana Akufo-Addo’s T-shirts? Did the NPP take part in the demonstration? If yes, under whose authority was it done?
- If it was an NPP demonstration, was the leadership of the party (especially the General Secretary and Chairman) informed before party members were called to join the demonstration? Who sanctioned the participation of the NPP in that unlawful demonstration? We call it unlawful because the party per our structures were not informed. We can say on authority that neither NEC nor Steering committee sanctioned this demonstration.
- If it was an NPP demonstration, how was it funded? Was is it from the secret ECOBANK account or another hidden account elsewhere?
We are particularly alarmed about the use f the party’s name in such illegal acts, especially when Gabby Asare Otchere-Darko, Sammy Awuku and John Boadu are on record to have called on NPP members to join the illegal demonstration without the approval of NEC, National Council or Steering Committee as it has been the norm.
It is quite disheartening that while the flag bearer is out there campaigning and canvassing for votes, people like Gabby Otchere-Darko, John Boadu and Sammy Awuku are encouraging members of the party to use Nana Akufo-Addo’s branded T-shirts for illegal acts and breach the Public Order Act. Such wanton and arbitrary display of lawlesssness is not in the books of the NPP. We will not encourage any attempt to steal attention from the good works of our flagbearer.
We the members of SAVE NPP NOW wish to make the following calls:
- Nana Addo Dankwah Akufo-Addo, the flag bearer must call his relative, Gabby Asare Darko and over zealous and law-breaking party executives like Sammy Awuku and John Boadu to order immediately. They should be advised to stop arrogating non-existent powers to themselves and desist from using the name of the NPP and misleading its members into such unlawful activities. The NPP is governed by a sacred Constitution which must be respected by all. The brazen attempt to hijack the party and undermine the authority of its leadership must stop!
- We appeal to the Disciplinary Committee of the party to punish all members who embarked on that illegal demonstration, especially those who misled party members into participating in the so called picketing.
- We wish to caution the National Chairman, Paul Afoko and the General Secretary, Kwabena Agyapong and ask them to stand firm since they have the mandate of the grassroot. As leaders of the party, they must exert their constitutionally mandated authorities at all times without let, hindrance, fear or favour.
Let me end by quoting my National 2nd Vice chairman Hon. Sammy Craab;
“GS and Afoko were not even informed about the use of the party in a demo. They were not even consulted. NEC/NC/Steering Committee were never in the know.
What should he come out to say ? They went against a court order. They breached the law. Should the GS and NC come and join the Party to such an action?”
(Director of Communications – SAVE NPP NOW!)