Politics, News and More!|Friday, October 21, 2016
You are here: Home » Local News » Military refuses to be stampeded over Kasoa incident

Military refuses to be stampeded over Kasoa incident 

police accident

Ghana Armed Forces says it will not allow itself to be stampeded over its investigations into the shooting incident that led to one death at Millennium City, Kasoa.

The shooting incident occurred last month when a demolition exercise allegedly supervised by military personnel brought some residents into conflict with an estate developer.

Four others were injured in the skirmishes. The military and the police have been conducting separate investigations which are yet to be completed and details made public. Joy News’ Derrick Ekow Sam visited the Millennium City today and reports that residents are demanding justice.

He said the family of the man who died is dissatisfied with the delay in investigations by both the military and the police. The family says the wife and kid of the deceased are currently living in a difficult situation.

A representative of the family, Christopher Sefa told Joy News the family will sue the military if justice is not served anytime soon.

He recounted that when they followed up on the case at the Millennium City Police Station where the incident was first reported, they were informed that the case has been transferred to police headquarters. However, they were unable to get any information from the headquarters when they went there.

When Ekow contacted the Public Affairs Director of the Ghana Armed Forces, Col. Aggrey Quarshie he explained the investigations are still ongoing.

He insisted that they would not be pushed to give details of the investigations which is incomplete but said once they are done the details will be made known.

Related posts:

Add a Comment