THE MANASSEH AZURE STORY AND WHAT THE NDC COMMUNICATOR’S HAVE FAILED TO TACKLE ON THE ISSUE.
I have been monitoring the media landscape in Ghana this morning to see how our communicators would respond to the malicious allegations of the mushroom journalist Manasseh Azure on the gift given to the president of which he prefers to Call bribery and corruption.
I must commend some of our communicators and the way they have handled the issues BUT let me quickly say that some of our communicators also needs education before they go to the studios to digest issues of this nature to avoid fumbling.
Now let’s examine the following facts under NPP regime and whether or not it amounted to corruption, then we can then conclude on the mere gift that the NPP and multimedia group are referring to corruption.
1. In 2007 Prez Kuffour received a car gift from the then Libyan Prez Gaddafi, did it amounted to corruption then???
2. Kwame Pianim the economist made a categorical statement that the late Prez Mills was not a corrupt person but he couldn’t say so about Kuffour, does that means Kuffour was corrupt??
3. During Kuffour’s regime the then NPP chairman Haruna Esseku said there was exchanges of brown envelopes in the castle does that mean the NPP administration was corrupt.???
4. An NPP MP P.C Appiah Ofori revealed that the NPP gave MPs a bribe of Ghc5000.00 each for the sale of 5Ghana Telecom, does it mean that the NPP is corrupt.
5. Akuffo Addo supervised the sale of the drill ship belonging to Ghana and as we speak proper accounts has not been rendered, does that amount to corruption.!???
6. In 2008 half of the Euro bond money was used to bribe journalists such as Kweku Baako, Kwame Sefa Kayi,Kwadwo Oppong Nkrumah etc to work for Nana Addo, does that amount to corruption
7. Akuffo Addo gave outs diplomatic passports to drug Barons for drug money to campaign, was it corruption or not.???
8. Lastly the owner of Barons hotel, a drug and cocaine baron invited Akuffo Addo to his hotel and gave him money and motorbikes, according to Kennedy Agyapong, does that amount to corruption.
If the answers to the above questions are all YES( corruption), then what moral rights has the NPP got to talk about issues of corruption.
It must be noted that the NPP and Kuffour administration was and is still the most corrupt administration since independence.
I would conclude by saying that, I expect our communicators to research and tackle the issues head-on when given the platform with these facts and stop fumbling in the studios.
Long live JDM
Long live NDC
Long live Ghana