The Ghana Police Service has opened recruitment for individuals who are interested in law enforcement as police officers.
Beginning Wednesday May 11, 2016 applicants could purchase application vouchers at the GCB Bank Limited across Ghana at the cost of GhȻ100.
The application is done only online and teceiving of applications will cease on May 31, 2016.
Requirements and general eligibility for the 2016 recruitment signed and issued by the Director General of Human Resource Department, DCOP Beatrice Vib-Sanziri was published in the Daily Graphic newspaper of Monday May 9, 2016.
According to the police, all applicants must be Ghanaians not less 18 years and not more than 25 years of age by April 1, 2016, must be at least 5 feet 8 inches [173cm] tall for males and 5 feet 4 inches  for females, must be physically fit and must be of good character, without any criminal record.
All applications must possess a minimum academic qualification of Six  credits [A1 – C6] at WASSCE, including English language bad Mathematics.
Mode of Application
1. Purchase application voucher at any GCB Bank Limited at GhȻ100 only
2. You need functional e-mail address before purchasing the application voucher.
3. Give your full official name at the point of purchase.
4. Use your serial number [SN] and pin code [PIN] to access the application form online.
5. Keep your SN and PIN for all states of the recruitment process.
6. The online registration form is accessible only by the SN and PIN.
7. Once the online application is opened, follow the instructions carefully and fill
Stages of recruitment process
1. After online application, applicants who meet the initial requirements will be shortlisted and invited to centres of their choice for further processes.
2. At recruitment centres there should be
a. Body examination and selection
b. Examination and inspection of academic and personal documents
3. Successful candidates in  above shall be made to write aptitude test
4. Candidates who pass the aptitude test will go through a thorough criminal and background check.
5. Then there shall be medical examination for successful applicants.
6. The final stage of the processes is invitation to commence training.
Things to note
1. Forms are not being sold for this recruitment exercise
2. Filling in of recruitment form is done online only.
3. The Police Service has not contracted any middlemen to recruit on its behalf.
4. Read guidelines thoroughly and carefully before filling the form
5. Do not submit more than one application; you will be disqualified if you do so
6. All academic certificates will be vetted at WAEC, and any applicant who is found to have presented forged document will be prosecuted
7. All correspondence with applications will be done through their e-mails only
8. Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
More information can be obtained from www.police.gov.gh