Local News

Cause of Mampong fire identified

Mampong Divisional Police Command says it suspects a gas leakage might have caused the fire outbreak this Friday dawn at Asante Mampong that killed all seven occupants of the house.

A pastor and a friend who were also at the house on a visit were burnt beyond recognition by the fire which was believed to have started around 3am.

The bodies have been deposited at the Mampong hospital for autopsy.
Reports say they were trapped by burglar proof and neighbours could not enter and rescue them.

Speaking to Adom News, the Mampong Divisional MTTD Commander DSP Isaac Baah said wife of the deceased has reported to the police after hearing the sad news.

But the widow who could not hold back her tears debunked the claims that the fire was caused by a leakage of gas in their house.

‘My mother has died and so I had to leave for the one week anniversary. At night of the incident I felt that something was not wrong back at home till I got the news this morning that they are burnt to death.

“Our gas is finished and so I don’t believe that it was caused by a leakage of gas. I just don’t know what to do now because I have lost everything” she cried.


Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

To Top