Lawyer for Black Stars skipper; Asamoah Gyan, Kissi Agyabeng has revealed that the Attorney General’s Department has thrown out the alleged rape and sodomy case against the player. He made the announcement today at a press conference organised by Gyan’s management at the Accra Sports Stadium. The incident was said to have occurred in June this year when the said victim, Sarah Kwablah, reported to the Police that Gyan had sexually assaulted her.
“On Wednesday, 2 December 2015, we were called to the headquarters of the Criminal Investigation Department, Accra and informed that after a careful study of the docket, the Attorney General had concluded that the rape and unnatural canal allegations made by Sarah Kwablah against Asamoah Gyan were totally baseless and that the docket should be closed. In plain language, Asamoah Gyan has been cleared of all of Sarah Kwablah’s allegations of rape and sodomy. Ordinarily, we would not have bothered to address the media. However, lives are involved and reputations have been affected. Right must be put right and wrong must be put in its place.” Agyabeng went ahead to criticise the conduct of Maurice Ampaw who represented Kwablah as her lawyer and said both people had been involved in the “most ludicrous media tirade” against Gyan and some members of his management team namely Samuel Anim Addo. – See more at: